Code of Ethics
Member individuals and Member Organisations agree to act with the following moral qualities:
Empathy – the ability to communicate understanding of another person’s experience from that person’s perspective.
Sincerity – a personal commitment to consistency between what is professed and what is done.
Integrity – commitment to being moral in dealings with others, personal straightforwardness, honesty and coherence.
Respect – showing appropriate esteem to others and their understanding of themselves.
Competence – the effective deployment of the skills and knowledge needed to do what is required.
Fairness – the consistent application of appropriate criteria to inform decisions and actions.
Wisdom – possession of sound judgement that informs practice.
Member individuals and Member Organisations commit to the following values:
- Respecting human rights and dignity
- Enhancing the quality of professional knowledge and its application
- Protecting the safety of clients
- Ensuring the integrity of practitioner-client relationships
- Appreciating the variety of human experience and culture
- Fostering a sense of self that is meaningful to the person(s) concerned
- Enhancing the quality of relationships between people
- Increasing personal effectiveness
- An NLPEA member shall always maintain frames of ecology in all aspects of their NLP work.
- An NLPEA member shall strive to use their NLP Skills for the advancement and betterment of people and society.
- An NLPEA member shall not refuse to work with a sincere student based on race, colour, creed, religion, place of birth, gender, sexual preferences, disability, nor any other factor which may be construed as unfair or discriminatory.
- An NLPEA member shall not certify any student in NLP at an accreditation level that is not within the scope of that members authorisation.
- An NLPEA member shall not certify any student who does not meet the NLPEA accreditation standards and requirements for that level.
- An NLPEA member shall not knowingly mislead nor misrepresent their credentials, status, titles, affiliation or authority in any way shape or form.
- An NLPEA member shall abide by the moral qualities and values as state above.
To report a breach of this Ethical Code by one of our members please email your concerns to info@NLPEA.com